Pages

Pages

Thursday 6 September 2012

Nars Kutki + Revlon Whimsical



Revlon Whimsical (1 coat)
over Nars Kutki (3 coats)

I wore this mani a while ago. I wish I'd at least written some notes on it earlier because I don't remember much about it now. Next time I wear Whimsical I'll try it on it's own. Layered over an opaque light blue I think the glitter loses that suspended, jelly sandwich effect. It just looks like light pink and blue glitter over light blue. Not that it isn't pretty like this, I just feel like it's not as special or unique looking. Also, I wish the blue glitter was more visible. Over a different color or on its own I think the blue glitter would have been more visible.

I'm not too happy with my Nars Kutki right now. I bought it back in... maybe April? and worn it maybe 4 or 5 times and now it's thickened and kind of goopy. I think I only used 2 coats the first few times I wore it and now I need 3 coats and it's still lumpy. It's too thick to self level much which is annoying. I bought a bottle of polish thinner at Sally's today so I'll try that and see how it goes.

For the sake of experimenting I guess I made this mani matte. I don't really like this mani matte. It flattens the layers even more and takes away that jelly sandwich glitter effect. I used Deborah Lippmann's Flat Top to make this matte. Although I didn't like the matte effect this time, I did like that Flat Top made this mani last quite a long time. I think it was 6 days before I had a major chip which is nice when you don't have time or are too lazy to do your nails.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric