Pages

Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Black Water Spotted Splotches/Rorschach over OPI Meet Me on the Star Ferry

Here's my second attempt at a Water Spotted Mani. You can see my first attempt here. I think the pattern is more obvious on this one because there is much more contrast with the base color. 

For this mani I used OPI - Meet Me on the Star Ferry (2 coats), Sally Hansen - Black Heart, and Garnier Fructis Aqua Styler Long Hair hairspray.


I'm pretty happy with the way my right hand turned out. I think my favorite nail is my right pinky nail since I got so many little bubbly looking water spots on it.

I like my pinky on my left hand too. II also like how my ring finger kind of looks like a tree or something. I don't like my middle finger at all though. There's too much black and it reminds me of a ski mask or something haha

The first time I tried to do this nail, I only got a bit of black on it. So I decided to dunk my finger in again before cleaning up. I didn't aim my dip very well though and ended up going over the same spots twice. The end result reminds me of something from a Rorschach test.


I originally watched cutepolish's tutorial before attempting this technique. After my second attempt, I watched Colette's tutorial. I found that while cutepolish gave a good quick overview Colette was more helpful with trouble shooting especially if you aren't able to find the spray hand sanitizer. I have been using Garnier Fructis Aqua Styler Long Hair hairspray but found that the "spots" were more like large splotches. No matter how far away I spray, once those droplets hit the water they expand pretty quickly. If I don't get myself lined up with the water immediately, I'll end up with larger spots (which I like too it's just a different look). I'll try out some other chemicals for spraying next time. Here's Colette's video





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric