Pages

Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Half Moon Gradient with Color Club Abyss and Bright Night



First picture is with an Instagram filter. The colors did not photograph accurately at all and I don't know how to color correct in photoshop =p. Colors in the first picture are accurate (except my skin color lol)

This is 2 coats of Color Club Abyss (teal) sponged with Color Club Bright Night (blue) both from the Kaleidoscope collection.
 

I really like the way it makes my nails look from this angle. I feel like the half moons make my nails look longer and thinner and more elegant :)

This design was inspired by Felice aka slacquerr on Instagram. 

This mani was quite simple to do and looks really unique and pretty. Start by painting your base coat. Once it is fully dry, stick on one of those hole punch reinforcement stickers (I do this one nail at a time). Make sure that the edges are stuck down well so you get a nice crisp half moon. Then sponge on a gradient of the two colors below the sticker. Peel off the sticker immediately. Repeat on other nails. Then top coat to smooth everything out nicely.


I'm pretty happy with the way these colors turned out. I'm annoyed that my stickers didn't stick down that well so I didn't get a nice clean line. Oh well I will try again :)

I also thought it was worth mentioning that something really strange happened. I was trying to pick up a piece of paper off of my desk at work and accidentally rubbed my thumb nail on the paper in doing so. I ended up rubbing off the polish onto the paper... it looked and felt like pencil crayon. My nail didn't look any different after though. I guess not enough came off to be noticeable. It was only on my left thumb and seemed to "run out" after a while. I was playing with it at work and then when I got home to take a picture barely any of it was coming off anymore. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure what caused it. I'm thinking maybe I missed top coat in that spot since it's only that spot?? But polish still shouldn't rub off like that even if you don't use a top coat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric