Pages

Pages

Saturday 12 October 2013

Avon Opalescence Opal Top Coat over Black

In a way I hate posting polishes like these... anything iridescent, duo-chrome, holo, or otherwise color shifting. I end up taking a million pictures to try to capture the polish, never really succeed 100%, and then spend forever trying to pick the pictures that I will actually post so I don't have to edit them all. Anyway... Here's the best my camera and I could do with Avon's Opal Top Coat.

avon opal


avon opal

Avon Opal Top Coat (1 coat) over OPI Black Onyx (2 coats)

This polish is quite thick and gel-like and loaded with iridescent opal bits. I didn't have any issues getting the pieces out of the bottle. I did have some issues with the bits clumping together and not really spreading out nicely. Since the polish contains irregular shard shaped glitters I did have issues with some of them sticking up which was kind of annoying. I think this polish is pretty enough though to justify the minor annoyances.


avon opal

I definitely want to try this over other colors. I just put it over black because that was my first thought lol. I think a different base color would definitely change the color of the iridescent bits.

What do you think of this polish? Any tips/tricks for getting shard glitter to lay flat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric