Pages

Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Monday Blues with some forgotten favorites!

Another super quick post... I'm staying up late again to post when I should be sleeping!

I couldn't decide what to wear for this week's Monday Blues... I felt like I had exhausted all the blues in my rotation... Then I was scrolling through my instagram feed and saw a swatch of a polish that reminded me of China Glaze Dorothy Who? I can't believe I forgot all about this polish! I used to wear it all the time when I first got it 2 years ago... before I really got into nail blogging

Base: China Glaze - First Mate (2 coats)
Glitter: China Glaze - Dorothy Who? (1 coat)

Look how pretty this glitter is! Dorothy Who? is silver and light blue microglitter in a blue base. It can be built up to opacity in I think maybe 3 coats? I can't remember exactly now but I've definitely worn it on it's own before.


Here's First Mate on it's own. Perfect consistency. Like butter as they say. 2 easy coats. It was almost a one coater, just a tiny bit patchy in a few spots. If you are more careful or apply thicker coats one would probably be fine. I love how skinny the China Glaze brush is. I much prefer it over OPI's wide brush. It's so precise. I barely have to do any clean up with China Glaze.


I can't believe I forgot about these 2 pretties for so long! I guess I just have so much polish and not enough time to wear them all! (especially since I've been busy and only been changing my manis every 4-6 days or so now) Do you have any old favorites you forgot about in your stash?

Also... Quick question: What do you think I should do with my watermark? I've changed my lighting set up a bit because I noticed some of my pictures from before are dark... But now that the pictures are brighter, my skin is lighter and my white watermark is a bit hard to see. I've experimented with making it bold in the first and third pic... I've also thought about making it bigger or in a different color but I don't want it to be obnoxious... Any feedback is appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. That glitter is gorgeous!!! And I love First Mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! I can't believe how long it's been since I've worn these polishes !

      Delete
  2. First Mate is my favorite polish of all time! Love seeing that it's still an old favorite for other people too. And I love it with the glitter on top. I've tought about getting Dorothy Who? many times but I have a lot of blue glitters so I'm not sure if it's worth buying. I totally agree about the ChG brush! I hate wide brushes and love the skinny ones. I think the watermark in the first picture looks great. Not obnoxious at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I could ever pick a favorite polish of all time.... I think it would be too hard!!! It is a great polish though it's definitely up there on my list :) Dorothy Who is really pretty... maybe if you don't have any similar blue glitters/find a good deal on it get it?

      Thanks so much for the feedback on the watermark btw!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric