Pages

Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

Recycled Mani: Etnies x 4 in the Morning

I was really disappointed with the wear time of the black, Avon Rapid Black. I had chips on my thumbs within 24 hours on a day that I didn't go to work or do any housework... just came off in the shower... not impressed! :( shame because the formula was great, loved the skinny square brush, and it's super glossy! Anyway I didn't have time to do a new mani... I was going to just screw it and go around with chipped nails the next day but then I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep so I figured I would try to fix this mani! These nails were literally done at 4 in the morning! Which is also probably my favorite Gwen Stefani song ever...

Anyway so in case you missed it this was the original mani:

full post including products used here

I decided to try a tape mani and I was going through colors that would match the blue in my head... I thought of hot pink... and then when I thought of hot pink with black I thought of Gwen Stefani's nails in this promo pic for her new OPI collection


So I decided to try to recreate this look on my middle, index, and thumb nails. I switched up the squares for variety and also according to where the chips were lol. The pink I used is Color Club Overboard. I haven't done many tape manis so this didn't turn out great... This probably would work way better if I did the black over the pink... Since I tried putting the pink over the black it didn't cover well... I did 2 coats and wanted to do more... But I already had some major lumpiness... 3 thin coats might have worked better but I didn't want the polish to dry before I took off the tape or I would get wobbly lines when I removed the tape... which happened also... at least on my index.

I guess for a mani done in the middle of the night this isn't too bad but I'm not completely happy with it. What do you think of this mani? What do you think of the mash-up between two manis going on here?

Oh and btw here's 4 in the Morning if you don't know the song :) YouTube wouldn't let me embed the real Vevo one... so here's the real Vevo one with Spanish subtitles added hehe 

9 comments:

  1. I love every nail different! Cute. I hate when I get chips! I cant believe it came off in the shower!!! That crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micki! Well my nails have also been peeling and I've found that polish isn't adhering as well to areas where the nail has peeled... like the polish won't stick as well if it's not the top layer of nail... so those areas have been chipping faster but this polish was especially bad :( I've tried different base coats but haven't had much luck

      Delete
  2. Great recreation of Gwen Stefani's nails! You did awesome on it. Still love that accent nail too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your accent nail! The black and turquoise are so cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh awesome addition! It turned out great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That accent finger is amazing! :D Visiting your other post to see what you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I heard and read that Mundo de Unas stamping polishes are great on black. Haven't tried them but I've seen a lot of stamping photos that used them. And my friend also swears by it. Haha.

      Delete
    2. thanks Breena! never heard of that brand but maybe I'll give that brand a try then

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric