Pages

Pages

Saturday 5 July 2014

OMD2 - 31DC - Dark


Tried some matte stamping for today's "dark" prompt but I'm not too happy with the way it turned out :( I stamped with matte top coat over black, but somehow it turned out looking white especially at the edges of my middle finger nail. I've stamped with this same matte top coat before so I'm not sure what went wrong. I guess I have had it for a few years now so I don't know if maybe it's drying up? I feel like it looks like grey/white stamping instead of matte black. I guess it still qualifies as dark but it's just not what I was going for... not feeling it... Blah

Anyway this is what I used:
Avon Rapid Black x2
Plate Pueen 07
Deborah Lippmann Flat Top matte top coat


Here are the other prompts if you're interested in joining! Full rules here


4 comments:

  1. Bummer to hear that you didn't like how these turned out. So strange that your matte top coat looks white over the black too. Its not too bad of a design though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa! I guess it still works but just not what I was going for... and weird because it worked for stamping before

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have guessed that it was matte stamping, but I think it looks groovy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya it doesn't really look like matte stamping somehow... although it was fine when i used it for stamping before. I guess it still looks okay like this too though :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric