Pages

Pages

Thursday 19 February 2015

Chinese New Year 2015


I didn't have that much time/energy for my Chinese New Year mani this year so I used some more studs from Born Pretty Store to create some easy nail art. These are pattern 8 from this post. Use my code SL10K31 for 10% off your order!

Here is a closer look at the studs. They are hollow at the back and I found them quite easy to stick on. I applied top coat, waited until it was about half dry, and then stuck on the studs. I found it easiest to pick up the studs with my finger (like you would pick up a contact lens) and then touch my semi-wet nail to the stud (to avoid accidentally dropping the stud in the wrong spot). Since the back of these is hollow you can't slide them around too much without making your top coat underneath lumpy. I did manage to slide these around a bit without ruining my top coat though. I finished by applying another coat of top coat to seal in the studs. 


I like how these studs look kind of like actual gold bars... I think it's quite fitting for Chinese New Year! I think they would look better on someone with longer nails though... I feel like they are a bit too big for my small nails and make them look a bit short? But maybe that's just me...

For the polish I used 2 coats of Color Club Red de Rio. Red de Rio has a jelly finish but is very very pigmented... I was pretty tired when I did this mani and made a bit of a mess. I found this a pain in the @$%$ to clean up... the acetone would instantly become a deep red and run all over and under my cuticles as I tried to clean it up blah. I do love the color and how glossy it is though! I hope it doesn't stain my skin/nails when I remove it!


Here's last year's CNY mani... I was happier with this one but oh well


6 comments:

  1. Simply cool! The stud make it complete. I think you successfully bring the atmosphere of Chinese new year by this mani :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice red and I like the studs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ananka! I just wish it wasn't so messy to clean up

      Delete
  3. They look good. I like simple designs too. Wish I had time to do one for Chinese New Year but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa! I wish I had more time for more complicated designs... you should do one next year :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric