Pages

Pages

Thursday 11 February 2016

Purple and Green Saran Wrap mani



Hi everyone! If you follow me on Instagram @lovestrucklacquer then you've already seen this mani. I posted this for @clairestelle8challenge "Colours you Love" prompt. I realize there's no blue in here... Well I cheated a little haha this was in my drafts for a while and while it may not have blue in it I do like green and purple also and I really liked the way this came out! 

Base is Color Club Pucci-licious with China Glaze Four Leaf Clover and Color Club Yahoo Purple for the saran wrap technique. 


And then I decided to try to add some green and purple glitter and totally ruined it lol :( I think I like it from far away and in lower lighting... Up close it's too busy and little gaudy I think. Sorry for the overexposed picture... It's the only way the glitter and saran wrap pattern were both visible



I was inspired by this mani by Andrea - Colour Your Life but mine ended up pretty different... I didn't feel like doing a gradient so I did a saran wrap mani instead. I then added a strip of glitter with Icing (Claire's brand) Lemme See Your Peacock. It was supposed to be just a stripe down the middle but I ended up with way too much glitter on some of my nails.

What do you think of this mani? Do you like it more with or without the glitter?

14 comments:

  1. Such an interesting combination of colors in your saran wrap manicure. I quite like it and seeing this is making me want to do one now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I'm kind of obsessed with saran wrap lately even though it's not new or anything haha

      Delete
  2. omg i love these! and the color combo! i've always wanted to do this thecnique but never did cause too scared, since it seems like a lot of effort and time consuming and pretty difficoult. it looks like smoke and as stunning as water marble but more doable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pretty saran! I think I prefer it without the glitter but it looks very well solo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha I definitely prefer it without the glitter too but thought I would share my fail anyway

      Delete
  4. Hi dear Stephanie! What an artistic mani! I prefer the first version without glitters!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and what a pretty glitter :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A mistura de cores deixou muito linda!
    Amei.

    Bjim ...
    blog Usei Hoje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I can't understand your comment :( it's nice that nail Polish can be a shared interest for people around the world though! :)

      Delete
  7. I love your choice of colors for this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what a lovely mani :)
    I love it with and without the glitter :)
    I tried to do the saran wrap technique a while back but it did not turn out the way I wanted it to :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do my saran wrap mani a bit differently... I paint the base color, wait for it to dry, and then put a small blob of the second polish out on the back of a stamping plate (or something you don't mind getting dirty). Then I take my crumpled saran wrap and dip it into the blob of polish and dab it on my nails. I find this less messy than the regular way of painting on the second color over the first and dabbing it off... I also like the pattern it creates more :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric