Pages

Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Las Vegas Inspired Nails


Hope everyone had a good weekend! This week's Twinsie Tuesday theme is "Inspired by a city." I was a bit stuck on this theme and eventually went with Las Vegas. Back in 2009-2012 when the Canadian dollar was suddenly at parity with the US dollar I went to Vegas at least once a year because it was very affordable and always fun! I'm not a crazy party animal or anything though... I've actually never been into a night club in Vegas. I would just go with my boyfriend and shop at the outlets, watch the shows and go to the buffets. My friends made fun of us for being like an old couple haha.

I was originally thinking of doing a glittery white with tiger stripes as a nod to Siegfried & Roy since I remember seeing them as a kid on my first trip to Vegas. I couldn't find a glitter that was both white and over-the-top-sparkly enough though so I ended up doing gold glitter leopard print instead.

I started with China Glaze I'm Not Lion (3 coats) as my base, and then stamped with Konad plate m57 and Konad black stamping polish. For my accent nail, I wanted it to be as gaudy and blingy as possible in the spirit of Vegas haha :) I used Layla No. 24 (2 coats) as my black base and then stuck on as many studs as I could from this Born Pretty Store Rhinestone Wheel. Use my code SL10k31 for 10% off!


This accent nail is something I'm not used to wearing but it was fun to give it a try. I'm not happy with how the top coat looks around/between the gems... I'll try a different top coat next time. What do you think of this mani?


Don't forget to show the other Twinsies some love!


Sharon at Behind Green Eyes 
Savannah at Addicted to Polish
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Marisa at Polish Those Nails
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Claire at Kerruticles
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Amanda at Fashion Footing
Amanda at Amandalandish
Alaina at The Little Canvas

27 comments:

  1. You captured the city really well in this design. Its so blinged out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vibe, I mean you really got the Las Vegas touch! Gold, wild cat prints and lots of jewels. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww what a super glittery mani here!!! It is wonderful!
    Kisses dear Stephanie =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! This is definitely fits Vegas to a T! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leopard and glitters it's a nice combo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sparkly and glamorous design. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love these!! They're so sparkly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stunning...love the gold used in this mani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sony! It's becoming one of my favourites too :)

      Delete
  9. That looks amazing :) Wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect to represent Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great, it's so glittery and sparkly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ya I'm Not Lion is becoming one of my favourites!

      Delete
  12. This is perfectly Vegas! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bold, blingy and bright ... just like Vegas. (Not that I've ever been there!)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric